Tuesday 27 April 2010

Decisions for front cover image

My front cover took a few attempts to achieve what I thought would look the best for my magazine. The first image I decided I might choose was of two of the band members, my reasons for me choosing this picture is because the image itself is very eye-catching. Also the colours are very neutral and therefore would be very easy to match up with. In the end I had decided this would not be the best picture to use, when printed out the colours did not look so clean and bright and the picture itself was not as clear as I would have liked it. Good points about this picture though is the way there is a gap between the two people and the space at the top, they are perfect for the magazine name and tagline along with writing some bits that can be included in the magazine.

The next picture I decided to use is of just one of the band members, the image is very clear and looks quite professional. Being of a new young band, the way the person is looking is quite casual and laid back like they would be. The colours are good and easy to match up with as the only bright main colour is the purple on his T-Shirt. This is the final choice of picture and because of the colours the main theme of my magazine would be purple, so when you see the outcome of the magazine you will notice the amount of purple in it.
The space at the top is perfect to have the band name and I can use the right hand side to have stories about but I will be including in the magazine. In all this image makes the magazine very eye-catching and so people might be wondering who it is and what it is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment