Tuesday 27 April 2010

Front cover

After doing all that I had to on 'piknik' I saved the image and loaded it up on Adobe Photoshop. From here on I needed to add more text onto it in order to make it into looking like a magazine and not like a poster.
Firstly I just added the text which was the price in the top left corner, then the date and issue number in the top right corner.

This was when I began to think up what I would call my band name. An image I use further on in my magazine is what inspired my to choose 'spoon'. The reasons for it are all mentioned in the band interview on the DPS.

Other text like '100 Greatest Gigs Ever' and 'Festivals you should NOT miss this year!' were all thought up previously and so all I needed to do was add them onto this page. In the beginning all the font was black, although you could read what it all said it was not as clear as it could be. I changed the font white and give it a slight black outline, this makes it very easy to read, even from a distance.
The barcode was the easiest part to do, all you needed to do was search for a barcode on google. Many where quite large or just example barcodes which did not even have numbers on them. To give it a more professional look I had found one which had numbers on it and looked very realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment